[usocket-devel] Compile failure on CLISP 2.46

Hans Hübner hans at huebner.org
Wed Oct 1 10:02:13 UTC 2008

"libc.so" is somewhat of the standard system default on all things
Unix, with Darwin being different.  The idea is to have libc.so be a
symbolic link to the real thing.  Loading with an explicit version
number is a bad idea, but then, Unix is full of bad ideas.

What I mean to say is:  There is no sensible way to load libc in a
system independent manner.  It is certainly supposed into every
program anyway.

-Hans