[usocket-devel] Rebranching 0.4.x branch && road to 0.4.x release

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 19:30:22 UTC 2008

Over the last month(s), many commits have happened on trunk/ which
should also be in 0.4.x. On inspection, out of 30 or 40 commits, only
4 should *not* be on 0.4.x. (The UDP socket changes.) With r405,
basically everything I want to have in 0.4.x is now on trunk/. (Except
- ofcourse - the SCL changes Douglas is looking into, but that can
come later too.)

For efficiency, I have decided to rebranch the 0.4.x branch and
afterwards undoing the UDP socket changes on that branch. When that's
done - at the end of this week - all that needs to happen for 0.4.x is
testing. So, anybody who's interested in a release with WAIT-FOR-INPUT
and :local-host binding for SOCKET-CONNECT, please provide your
feedback starting Monday August 4th: we need to asses the quality of
the code currently up for release on the branch!

Thanks for your patience, it's been a big task to get this release done!

And of course: thanks to everybody who invested time into providing
feedback as well as patches!

Bye,

Erik.