[usocket-devel] bind interface?

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 06:10:38 UTC 2008

Hi Chris,

> "Chun Tian (binghe)" <binghe.lisp at gmail.com> writes:
>> You mean: when you connect to a remote address/port, you also want
>> to bind to specified local-address/port?
>>
>> If so, I'm afraid that no such support in usocket yet.
>
> Yes, that is what I mean  Thanks.

On the CMUCL development list, Chun Tian is lobbying for implementing
this feature in it, so usocket can use it. However, he's meeting some
resistance, because people can't envision the use-case - and as a
matter of fact, so have I. Could you describe yours to us, so we
understand what it is that you're trying to do?

Thanks in advance!

Bye,

Erik.