[usocket-devel] Re: Fwd: [usocket-cvs] r245 - usocket/trunk/backend

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 07:57:59 UTC 2008

Hi there,

I think one of the design idea of usocket is just not use CFFI, and
any non-lisp code. IOlib is another approach of Lisp networking, it
has some C wrapper code to be used with CFFI.

Use select() or pool() will cause non_OS-portable code and other
difficulties. I suggest not use them directly... usocket should keep
it simple, and shouldn't depends on CFFI, or any other ASDF package.

--binghe

在 2008-7-23,下午3:48, Attila Lendvai 写道: