[usocket-devel] [patch] Networking: bind to local-host/local-port when connect

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 18:08:14 UTC 2008

Hi, CMUCL & rtoy

CMUCL's networking API do not have standalone BIND function. And it's
EXT:CONNECT-TO-INET-SOCKET and EXT:CREATE-INET-SOCKET function do not
have any LOCAL-HOST/LOCAL-PORT argument. So a client socket is
IMPOSSIBLE to bind to specific local host/port when CONNECT to remote
address.

I wrote a loadable CMUCL patch, which create a new function BIND-INET-
SOCKET, and add LOCAL-HOST, LOCAL-PORT keyword arguments to above two
functions to support this feature. I think it's quite safe to merge it
in next CMUCL version.

Please review it.

Regards,

Chun Tian (binghe)