[usocket-devel] possible asdf-install issue related to usocket

Stuart Mackey mackeysc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 13:59:04 UTC 2008

I tried to install usocket today using asdf-install and see the
following (note that asdf-install reports the key as 0xNIL)

GPG warns that the key id 0xNIL () is not fully trusted
    [Condition of type ASDF-INSTALL::KEY-NOT-TRUSTED]

Restarts:
  0: [CONTINUE] Install the package anyway
  1: [SKIP-GPG-CHECK] Don't check GPG signature for this package
  2: [ABORT] Return to SLIME's top level.
  3: [TERMINATE-THREAD] Terminate this thread (#<THREAD "repl-
thread" {118A5F21}>)

Backtrace:
   0: (ASDF-INSTALL::VERIFY-GPG-SIGNATURE/STRING "-----BEGIN PGP
SIGNATURE-----
      Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

      iD8DBQBIZi8Hi5O0Epaz9TkRAsBRAJ9bLlrhPfjmolHIFwevuDQt+lOpdwCfVmfl
      oDpQpvdjRQhraZfB88TrgS0=
      =/Swp

Normally I'd see the key id there (instead of 0xNIL) which I could
then use as part of my gpg verification extravaganza.

I haven't had this problem with other libraries but I'm not sure it's
really usocket's problem instead of asdf-install. Just starting the
discussion here.

Some similar reports like this (http://paste.lisp.org/display/24029)
seem to suggest it could be operating system specific line break
issues related to the gpg key file. That link is pasted from another
Mac user.

For reference, I'm using
  OS X (10.5)
sbcl 1.0.17