[usocket-devel] Re: UDP support in usocket, ideas explained

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 03:13:09 UTC 2008

> On Feb 16, 2008 8:51 PM, Erik Huelsmann <ehuels at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> OK, so if I can see some interface function (like SOCKET-RECEIVE) in
>>> svn trunk, I'll start to learn them and write/test some backend code
>>> as your design and commit to you, and I'll start to make my package
>>> depends on usocket to get networking portability.
>>
>> I'm sorry you didn't see anything yet. The commits you've seen until
>> today were about me cleaning up loose ends and implementing ideas
>> floating in my head for months (as I could not commit them - my hd
>> had
>> crashed). I need to get rid of that mental state to be able to start
>> the UDP work, so, that's why. I hope to be able to do some interface
>> definition work today.
>
> I was going to work with CLISP to do some exploration on this front,
> but it turns out that the default Etch CLISP package doesn't include
> the RAWSOCK module which I'll need to implement this feature... So,
> instead of designing/working on a prototype, I ended up trying to
> compile my own CLISP.

Hi, Erik

Debian's CLISP package is a bit strange, which didn't compile many
module which CLISP supported.
Maybe you should submit this to Debian as a wishlist.

The past two weeks is Spring Festival - a very big holiday for all
Chinese, and I didn't do anything on Lisp. My current plan is more
developments on my SNMP package, and start a new project: IPMI[1] for
Lisp (which still depends on a UDP support for at least LispWorks).
I'll continue watching usocket's change and do my job as we talk before.

Regards,

Chun TIAN (binghe)

[1] http://www.intel.com/design/servers/ipmi/