[usocket-devel] CLISP problems

Leslie P. Polzer leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Thu Apr 24 06:26:56 UTC 2008

> Yes: I've been unable to use implementation-provided streams with
> self-created sockets. This means using CFFI would require me to fall
> back to gray streams *and* I would need to emulate any
> implementation-provided byte->character recoding (external format
> conversion) support. I'd rather avoid that can of worms, even at the
> expense of 7 different backends.

Yeah, that sucks.

> BTW: What *is* your platform (other than CLISP on a Unix variant)
> exactly? I've seen this report before, but never have had any problems
> with it myself.

This is

% uname -a
Linux wintermute 2.6.24-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Mar 30 11:40:06 CEST 2008
i686 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

% ls /lib/libc[-.]*
/lib/libc-2.7.so  /lib/libc.so.6

% pacman -Q glibc
glibc 2.7-9

> Do you also get the error if you start CLISP as 'clisp -Kfull'?

Just checked, and the answer is yes.
Intriguingly it also doesn't help to define a default foreign lib
in clisprc. I have to change usocket's source directly as outlined...

I can test more things if you wish or give you a shell account.

  Leslie