[usocket-devel] patch for clisp get-host-name-internal in 0.3.4/svn

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 18:55:27 UTC 2007

On 7/28/07, Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy at common-lisp.net> wrote:
> get-host-name-internal in clisp.lisp.  Adding :language and :library
> seem to solve the problem.  Attached is a patch which implements that.

Hi Matthew!

Thanks for the report and patch. Hardcoding both the name and location
of the C runtime library is a bit of a problem though, given the
number of platforms supported by clisp.

On Debian Etch I got the same warning about the :stdc language
specifier, but for me it didn't end in the debugger (also clisp 2.41,
but the one delivered with the distribution). So, at the time, I
didn't look too long at it, since for every platform, clisp tries to
use a sensible default.

Adding (:language #-win32 :stdc #+win32 :stdc-stdcall) silenced the
warning, but I never got the '"gethostname" not found' error. Does
that disappear if you add the above language declaration?

If not, I suppose I'll have to install the clisp.sf.net version to
find out what's happening myself. I'd be most gratefull if you could
try the above for me though.

> I'm using the Linux clisp binary for 2.41 from clisp.sf.net, and
> Ubuntu 7.04.  Note: /lib/libc.so.6 is probably wrong for other unixes.

Yep, so that's why I prefer to look for a different solution for that
part of the problem (for now).

Once more thanks for your report.

bye,

Erik.