[usocket-devel] usocket 0.2.3 bug (openmcl 1.0/darwin32 backend)

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 16:34:03 UTC 2007

> hi -- first, thanks for a very useful library.

Thank you for using it!

> i've run across a bug in the usocket 0.2.3 package, specifically in
> backend/openmcl.lisp.  the openmcl-socket:socket-connect function
> takes exactly one argument, socket.[1] the usocket code provides two
> arguments, socket and :element-type.

> it appears (networking is not necessarily my strong point!) that with
> sockets of type :stream (i.e., not :datagram) the format is always
> bivalent, making the :element-type distinction inconsequential.[2]

Thanks for the report! It's not a duplicate report. I've applied your
fix in both trunk and the 0.2.x branch and it will be in the next
release. For now, you can either use a patched version or use the
version from the repository.

> i've provided diff -c output[3] for the fix that i required.

Could you provide 'diff -u' output next time please (if there is a
next time), that can be run through patch (1) to apply directly.

> please excuse me if this has already been reported (or fixed) already,
> i didn't see mention of it.

No problem. Any bugreport (duplicate or not) is very welcome. I
welcome other feedback too (compile warnings that can be eliminated,
user experience, etc).

Thanks again!