[usocket-devel] Test failures under SBCL 0.9.16

Erik Huelsmann e.huelsmann at gmx.net
Mon Oct 16 19:33:05 UTC 2006

> I get test failures for SOCKET-FAILURE.2 and SOCKET-NAME.4 under SBCL
> 0.9.16, with both svn and 0.1.0. Here is the test output:

> Doing 15 pending tests of 15 tests total.
>  MAKE-SOCKET.1 MAKE-SOCKET.2 SOCKET-NO-CONNECT.1 SOCKET-NO-CONNECT.2
>  SOCKET-NO-CONNECT.3 SOCKET-FAILURE.1
> #<USOCKET:TIMEOUT-ERROR {AB8A4B1}>
> is a USOCKET:TIMEOUT-ERROR.
> Its slot values are
> (:SOCKET #<USOCKET:USOCKET {AB89FD9}>).
> Test SOCKET-FAILURE.2 failed
> Form: (WITH-CAUGHT-CONDITIONS ('USOCKET:HOST-UNREACHABLE-ERROR NIL)
>                               (USOCKET:SOCKET-CONNECT +NON-EXISTING-HOST+
>                                                       80)
>                               :UNREACH)
> Expected value: NIL
> Actual value: #<USOCKET:TIMEOUT-ERROR {AB8A4B1}>.
>  SOCKET-CONNECT.1 SOCKET-CONNECT.2 SOCKET-CONNECT.3 SOCKET-STREAM.1
>  SOCKET-NAME.1 SOCKET-NAME.2 SOCKET-NAME.3
> Test SOCKET-NAME.4 failed
> Form: (WITH-CAUGHT-CONDITIONS (NIL NIL)
>                               (LET ((SOCK
>                                      (USOCKET:SOCKET-CONNECT
>                                       #(65 110 12 237) 80)))
>                                 (UNWIND-PROTECT
>                                     (USOCKET:GET-LOCAL-ADDRESS SOCK)
>                                   (USOCKET:SOCKET-CLOSE SOCK))))
> Expected value: #(10 0 0 252)
> Actual value: #(192 168 2 3).
> 2 out of 15 total tests failed: SOCKET-FAILURE.2, SOCKET-NAME.4.
>
> No clue what's going on here. Any ideas?

Sorry for the delay. I've subscribed other e-mail adresses to this mailing list now too: there was too much gunk in my inbox to discover your mails.

The second failure is to be expected: my local address is hard-coded into the tests and your local address isn't the same (mine is 10.0.0.252, yours is 192.168.2.3 at the time of running the tests).

The first failure is different though. That test hard codes an IP address on my local network which I know doesn't exist. Since your network has a different network designator, you may try to hardcode a different address (one which *is* on your network, but doesn't exist: for example 192.168.2.155)

We could try to figure out how to create a test which 'just works', or which is a template which needs preprocessing by some script or something.

Thanks for your input, I hope to hear from your results!

bye,

Erik.