[usocket-devel] trivial-usocket

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 22:32:21 UTC 2006

Ok. In order to officially supersede trivial-sockets, I created
'trivial-usocket': a migration path for trivial-sockets users.
There's not much documentation yet, but I think the sources speak for
themselves.

If anyone of you would like to give it a try, or even send in patches
for test-cases, I'd be most gratefull!

Also: the library is mainly meant as a migration path: it depends on
trivial-gray-streams to gain platform independent access to gray
streams. Both Franz and Scieneer complain about the relative speed of
Gray streams, so, presumably, it's not a good idea to move them into
production of a high speed system, but for initial migration, it
should do fine.

Thanks for any review/comments!

bye,

Erik.