[usocket-announce] [ANNOUNCE] usocket 0.5.4

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 15:04:00 UTC 2011

Hi, Common Lispers

This is a new cumulative update release for USOCKET, version 0.5.4

Changes in this version:

* Bugfix: [ECL] Fixed for ECL's MAKE-BUILD by removing some unecessary code (reported by Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll, the ECL maintainer)
* Bugfix: [ACL] Fixed for Allegro CL modern mode. (by Hans Hübner)
* Bugfix: [SBCL] SOCKET-CONNECT on TCP won't call bind() when keyword arguments LOCAL-HOST and LOCAL-PORT is not set. (reported by Robert Brown)

Special thanks (again) to:

	Robert Brown <robert.brown at gmail.com>

for his reporting and patching on a big bug in SBCL's SOCKET-CONNECT function, which have unnecessary bind() calls previously.

If you want to download this release, please checkout

	http://common-lisp.net/project/usocket/releases/

or just wait for new Quicklisp releases.

The API documentation page is still here:

	http://common-lisp.net/project/usocket/api-docs.shtml

As usual, any feedback - bugs or hugs - is greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Chun Tian (binghe)
Glority Software Ltd.

P.S. What's next in USOCKET?

I think it's a enhanced ECL backend which works in its byte-compiler-only mode. I think this means all inlined C code should be replaced by FFI code, just like what I've done in LW and CLISP backends. I'll learn how to do it right from ASDF.