[clnet users] Abondoned projects.

Erik Enge erik.enge at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 22:07:37 UTC 2006

Greetings,

Several of the 169 projects we are currently hosting at
common-lisp.net have been abandoned by their original owners.  Some of
these projects are still useful to others who would like to continue
to maintain them.

I propose the following procedure for taking over an abandoned project:

  - Day 1: email admin at common-lisp.net,
<project-name>-devel at common-lisp.net and
<the-owners-email-address>@wherever.com and ask that you be given the
ownership of the project.
  - Day 10: send the same email to the same recipients
  - Day 20: send the same email to the same recipients
  - Day 30: send the same email to the same recipients
  - Day 31: I will reply notifying you that you are now the owner.

If at any point someone from the -devel list or the owner himself
replies we can take it from there.  I will create a template that you
can paste into your mail client which details what's going on (you'll
just have to replace the project's name).

What do you think?  Is this a reasonable procedure?  Reply to me and
tell me why this isn't going to work or why I need to change this and
how.

I will read all replies and create a policy which would work for most of us.

Thanks,
Erik.