[ucw-devel] status

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Mon Feb 2 20:05:46 UTC 2004

ucw development has slowed down a bit recently (to be precise it's
moved to other sub projects).

cl-icu is currently in a workable (even under cmucl!!) but un polished
state. the next thing to do is create a yaclml and tal interface to icu
(tags like <:current-time, <:current-date and <:currency-value which
use the client's locale and icu to properly format the data).

the cps transformer (the base of all the action vodoo) has undergone a
major rewrite. it's now much more complete than it was before and much
easier to read and modify and tramploines so that stack overflowing is
no longer a problem. it can even transform and run itself (but don't
try and read the output of that).

as far as ucw itself: i'm currently refactoring the request<->response
loop code trying to make it easier to understand and extend. to goal of
this is to add action transactions, and should happen shortly. before
that however the distinction between named actions and actions will be
removed, we'll simply use a builtin function to handle actions, this
will allow a lot more flexibility in where to send action requests to
and greatly simplify the request response loop (basically we won't have
any special cases).

--
Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.