[ucw-devel] random questions

Erik Enge erik at nittin.net
Tue Dec 9 01:32:02 UTC 2003

Marco Baringer <mb at bese.it> writes:

> 1) what's a good default action for:
>
>   a) we get a request with a "bad" session id
>
>   b) we get a request with an in-existent action-id
>
>   c) we get a request with an in-existent frame-id

I'm unsure what you mean by the word "in-existent" not I'm going to
assume you mean nonexistent.  I would say signal a condition in all
three cases and register default handlers for them in ucw in case the
user does not.  The default handlers could probably just return an error
message of some sorts.

> While we could just respond with some kind of error message i'd like
> to offer the user some pollible ways to react, but what? does this
> depend on whether it's a dev server or the production server?

You mean the user as in the user who uses the webbrowser as opposed to
the developer using ucw?  Well, I'd say use the conditions and then it's
up to the developer.

> 2) since there are quite a few things which we want to handle
> differently in a dev enviroment than in a production enviroment do we
> want a global ucw:*debug-server* variable or a sub class of
> application?

I guess my knowledge of ucw is not up-to-speed yet as I'm not really
sure what you are refering to.  I'd say ucw should signal the same
conditions irregardless and then let the developer decide what to do in
which situations.

> 3) mind if i kill ucw-devel at common-lisp.net and just do everything on
> bese-devel at common-lisp.net?

I don't mind.