[trivial-shell-devel] announcing 0.1.2

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Mon Feb 5 15:27:07 UTC 2007

[Trivial-shell][] now has support for an input parameter to `shell-
command`. This can be a stream or a string and is used as input to
the command. As of today, only Allegro and SBCL are implemented
tested (though I think CMUCL should also work). I need to add support
for OpenMCL, CLISP, etc. Any patches are welcome since I haven't had
time to set up all of these Lisps on my OS X box yet.

The other *new*, *improved* thing is that you can use `*shell-search-
paths*` to control how shell commands are found. If you pass a full
path specification to `shell-command`, then no path searching is
done. If, however, you pass a bare command, then trivial-shell will
iterate over `*shell-search-paths*` and try to find a match. I find
this helpful in getting things to run a bit more smoothly under
different OSs and Lisps.

See the [changelog][] for more details about the changes.

[Trivial-shell]: http://common-lisp.net/project/trivial-shell/
[changelog]: http://common-lisp.net/project/trivial-shell/changelog.html

--
Gary Warren King, metabang.com