a question sbcl integration

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Mon Jan 27 11:58:38 UTC 2014

27.01.2014, 15:53, "Anton Vodonosov" <avodonosov at yandex.ru>:
> 27.01.2014, 15:51, "james anderson" <james.anderson at setf.de>:
>
>>  good afternoon;
>>
>>  what was the intent with respect to the implementation for stream-
>>  file-position present in sbcl?
>>  the trivial-gray-streams package definition is clear to distinguish
>>  symbols and the mixins file defines methods on the respective sb-gray
>>  symbol, but there is nothin apparent to serve to delegate from the
>>  trivial-gray-streams function to the sb-gray operator.
>>
>>  how was this intended to work?
>>
>>  best regards, from berlin,
>
> trivial-gray-streams:stream-file-position and sb-gray:stream-file-position
> is the same symbol. Trivial-gray-streams just re-exports it, there is now
> separate function.

Ignore the above response.

See the definition of method for sb-gray:stream-file-position
in the stream.lisp, under the #+sbcl

>> but there is nothin apparent to serve to delegate from the
>>  trivial-gray-streams function to the sb-gray operator.

Note, that it works other way around, from sb-gray to trivial-gray-streams:

cl:file-position calls sb-gray:stream-file-position.
We define a method for it on our stream class;
and this method calls trivial-gray-streams:stream-file-position.