[trivial-gray-streams-devel] gray-treams for MCL and SCL (was: trivial-gray-streams becomes a separate project)

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Fri Jul 15 13:33:32 UTC 2011

BTW, the main question is not to test the code works (As far as I understand you already tested it in the past).

Lets decide, if this code should be committed to trivial-gray-streams, or to MCL/SCL.
To me it looks like the latter is more appropriate, because gray streams is a way to extend system
functions like READ-CHAR, CLOSE, etc to work with user-defined streams.
Therefore the extension interface should come with the implementation of READ-CHAR, CLOSE, etc.

Also, if the code relies on, or needs to modify MCL/SCL internals (is it valid to
redefine COMMON-LISP:OPEN-STREAM-P to be generic function, while in MC it is a usual function),
it is another argument for committing the code to MCL/SCL

Best regards,
- Anton

15.07.2011, 10:33, "Anton Vodonosov" <avodonosov at yandex.ru>;: