[toronto-lisp] lambda the ultimate post

Abram Hindle abram.hindle at softwareprocess.es
Tue May 8 15:44:46 UTC 2012

Thanks for the publicity :) It's generally hard to get non-academics
interested in our papers.

I'm currently an assistant prof at the University of Alberta and miss
the Toronto Lisp Users group.

One thing I did in my class that could be interest to you guys is that I
used google hangout to allow remote speakers to give guest talks to my
grad class:
* Laptop on podium
* Webcam facing audience
* Google Hangout w/ screen sharing
* Amplification and microphone
It worked out really well.

I'm bringing this up because while Canada is far and wide the latency
across Canada is acceptable for videochat and video presentations. This
might enable localized User Groups to get actual talks at the cost of
wifi :)

abram