[toronto-lisp] Global Code Retreat and Other Minutia

Leo Zovic leo.zovic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 04:52:24 UTC 2012

Hello everyone. Three things that I want to get out there in advance of
publishing the (not very extensive) notes.

1 - This link was already posted to the mailing list, but not everyone knew
about it when I asked at today's meeting, so...

Global Day of Coderetreat <https://guestlistapp.com/events/130467> is
happening this coming Saturday

I'll be there with a laptop and prepped runtimes/environments for Common
Lisp, Clojure, Haskell, Python, Forth and SWI-Prolog (and I guess
technically Elisp, Perl, JavaScript and C too). I've been poking at Haskell
with intent, while Prolog and Forth are next on my to-learn list, so I'll
be biased in what I want to work with. About half of tonights' group was
going to be there in any case, so the lispers/functional programmers
definitely won't be lonely. Registration is closed, but it's apparently ok
to just show up.

2 - There's a similar monthly event happening. Details on the meetup
page<http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Code-Retreat/>,
though the next one doesn't seem to be scheduled yet (correct me if that's
the wrong link).

3 - The fine folks at Bento Miso <http://bentomiso.com/> have offered to
host us for the next few months, and the attending group was ok with this.
The next meeting of the Toronto Lisp Group will happen on the 8th of
January, and we've been penciled in for the first Tuesdays of February and
March.

4 - Ok, four. The
toronto-haskell<https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#%21forum/toronto-haskell>group
is currently asking members for feedback on their next meeting date.
It'll be one of (list <Thursday, Dec 6> <Friday, Dec 7> <Wednesday, Dec
12>); they meet at the Toronto hacklab <http://hacklab.to/>, typically
starting at 7:00 pm.

-Leo