[toronto-lisp] Lisp & Haskell

Jake Penton djp at arqux.com
Thu Aug 9 17:44:08 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-03, at 1:04 AM, Bryce Moore wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Christopher:  The Toronto Lisp Users Group's (TLUG) monthly meeting
> place has been closed down.
>
> Lispers:  Christopher has been organizing a Haskell / functional
> programming night once a month at the hacklab. (hacklab.to)
>
> Maybe you could both could join forces?  I know it's not perfectly
> ideal, but I think that it would be a good meeting of like minded
> people.

Almost all of my recent work has been in Haskell. Despite that, I am still infatuated with CL. Although keeping active with both tests my intellectual capacity somewhat, I seem to be incapable of entering into a monogamous relationship with any one programming language.

In September I intend to return to TLUG meetings (whatever the venue) and also start attending the Haskell/FP sessions. I will be happy enough if this turns out to be a joint session, since I have to drive in from Burlington.

To be discussed further, I guess.