[toronto-lisp] asdf / lispworks 6.0.1 personal edition question

Matijaca, Aleksandar Aleksandar.Matijaca at rbccm.com
Mon Nov 15 19:07:43 UTC 2010

Ok, so I downloaded the latest 6.0.1 Lispworks for windows, and I do not
see anywhere in
the gui even a mention of ASDF - there is no "button"...  On their web
site, they state that
they have ASDF integration in IDE - I don't see it.  The link in their
web pages takes me here:

To use ASDF in the LispWorks IDE:

1.	Load ASDF and some ASDF system definitions in the usual ASDF
way.
2.	Load the file (example-file "misc/asdf-integration.lisp") .

>From the above: Load ASDF and some ASDF system definitions in the usual
ASDF way. (WTF, I
don't know what the "usual way" is...?)  What is the usual way????

Ok, so I ran the second line called (example-file ......  And I assume
that does something also,
although they don't say what....  Why is it called example-file???  What
is example-file?  What
kind of a function is that?

Ok, so, I also downloaded cl-ppcre-2.0.3 (I can't use quicklisp network
type installations
because I am at a bank, and they have serious firewalls preventing stuff
just like this).  So,
I downloaded this package, and I unzipped it, and I did notice that
there is amongst other
files a cl-ppcre.asd file (probably important).  So, this is what I
have:

LispWorks 6.0.1 which is supposed to be already ASDF ready on Windows

Unzipped cl-ppcre-2.0.3

So, assuming that the whole thing is ASDF ready, how do I load up and
"install"
cl-ppcre-2.0.3

Why is this so friggin' frustrating - I just wanna code in Lisp, not
fight Lispworks and
ASDF...

Thanks, Alex.

This email is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed and may be privileged and confidential.
Unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you receive This e-mail in error, please advise immediately and delete the original message.
This message may have been altered without your or our knowledge and the sender does not accept any liability for any errors or omissions in the message.

Ce courriel est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent.
Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen.