[toronto-lisp] dealing with strings -> symbols

Matijaca, Aleksandar Aleksandar.Matijaca at rbccm.com
Fri Nov 5 13:43:39 UTC 2010

Hi there,

I have come across something that I need just a little bit of help with.
I managed to write some lisp code to read a flat file, line by line.  I
also
managed to put those lines of code into something like this:

(
	( "A,MSFT.N,D,12.4,12:43:00")
	( "f,IBM.N,f,108.4,11:09:023")

)

All comma delineated text files.  Now, I would like to convert this into
something that I can deal with from a lisp perspective - I would like
to get so that these values are symbols - so this is what I really
want:

(
	( A  MSFT.N  D  12.4  12:43:00  )
	(  f  IBM.N  f  108.4  11:09:023 )

)

I noticed that there is a function called INTERN which seems to convert
a regular string to a symbol, but, I don't really have a regular string,
have a "mess" as shown above.  Any idea on how I can go from a
messed up single long string, to a bunch of symbols, so I can finally
start dealing with the symbols in the line from a file a "lisp way"?

Thanks, Alex.

This email is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed and may be privileged and confidential.
Unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you receive This e-mail in error, please advise immediately and delete the original message.
This message may have been altered without your or our knowledge and the sender does not accept any liability for any errors or omissions in the message.

Ce courriel est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent.
Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen.