[toronto-lisp] Fwd: [tpm] [Fwd: The Upcoming Dynamic Language Smack Down]

Paul Tarvydas tarvydas at visualframeworksinc.com
Fri Dec 10 22:27:37 UTC 2010

> Note that I'm the one to blame for virtually all of the questions!  :-).

Add some questions that lead to DSL's and industrial strength macros (e.g. if you want to add reasoning to your semantic web app, how do you embed a prolog compiler into your app?)

> For "large code" I'd point at 4 Common Lisp answers, implementation
> dependent, but commonly available strategies:

What does "large code" even mean these days?  This fingerprinting device is built in LispWorks:

www.secureoutcomes.net

Jack Harper just saves the lisp image and downloads it onto the embedded processor.

> For "huge data" I suggest thinking about how you do equivalents to

Allegrograph "Expect a trillion triples in December" slide #78

http://www.slideshare.net/pbergerii/2010-semmeetupthebasics

Allegrograph is a database for the semantic web (i.e. web scale) done in lisp.  The free edition is limited to 50 million triples.

pt