[toronto-lisp] Fwd: [tpm] [Fwd: The Upcoming Dynamic Language Smack Down]

Vish Singh vishvajitsingh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 04:40:21 UTC 2010

I see, the questions are essentially jumping-off points to talk about
various topics.

I particularly like the point about memory images. I was struggling to
think about something Lisp-specific to say regarding huge codebases,
especially since my Lisp code tends to be pretty compact. In fact, we
were talking about SBCL's save-lisp-and-die functionality at the last
meeting.

Certainly Lisp can interface to SQL databases, and that's a good topic
to bring up. However, every language can do that, and I'm sure Andre
(Erlang) will bring up Mnesia, their distributed database. That's a
very strong point in favour of Erlang's ability to handle data. I
wonder if the Lisp world has something similar, that integrates very
tightly with Lisp.

I have not heard of this before, but it sounds quite powerful:
http://common-lisp.net/project/elephant/