[toronto-lisp] Learning Lisp

David Penton djp at arqux.com
Fri Sep 25 20:52:02 UTC 2009

Ok, great & thx.

I am frustrated with a few things as I progress down my learning path.
Frustration is, of course, usual and unavoidable when learning a new
language. It appears to me that the effect is amplified by the fact
that lisp = paradigm shift relative to algol / c languages, which is
my background.

Anyway, here is my query:

	Where should one go to ask *dumb* lisp questions?

I have looked at comp.lang.lisp but it is sooooo full of spam that I
don't know what to do about it. I have tried various news readers, but
the spam filtering is either poor, or the documentation on setting up
spam filtering is *incomprehensible*. The Google Groups archive is
likewise full of spam-shit. Maybe I should ignore the spam and forge
ahead?

I could give examples of problems I am having, but I don't thing
including them in this post is appropriate.

Any suggestions? IRC or something? Does the toronto-lisp list deal
with simple techical/newbie questions?

TIA.

- Dave -