[toronto-lisp] meeting Dec. 1

Paul Tarvydas tarvydas at visualframeworksinc.com
Tue Dec 1 04:37:26 UTC 2009

> Last month was our largest gathering ever - I hope we have a good turnout
> tomorrow as well!

Yes, thanks to Doug agreeing to talk about his book and his work.

> I do plan to attend.

I will certainly be there tomorrow, too.

> Paul, were you planning to present something if no one else does?

I don't have anything prepared, but I can wing a topic if the need arises - e.g. LispWorks CAPI (gui) programming, a reprise of my Hamburg ECLM talk (if everyone is not already tired hearing variants of it :-), compilers, diagram editors, diagram compilers.  Any specific requests?

From my perspective, Doug's comments last month about reader macros interested me.  If Doug, or someone else who groks reader macros, is coming tomorrow, I would vote to hear more details about this subject, from the ground up.

pt