[tinaa-devel] Example code sections, cross linked with documentation.

William Robinson airbaggins at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 10:33:18 UTC 2007

It would be nice to be able to specify some functions/files/package as
example code for one's API, then have that code included verbatim in
HTML form in the documentation, with links to the functions it uses, and
also to have a list of any uses from the API documentation to locations
in the example code.

I'm not sure if any other documentation system includes this facility
now, or if it's possible to hack it somehow for tinaa. I should imagine
that you can do it with Doxygen by making an examples module and have it
include a lot of information with everything, but probably quite untidy.

I don't know where to look for examples of this. It's kind of silly to
have to include an example in every function's documentation of how to
use it, when there will be a lot of overlap. I'm not sure where I could
find an example of this, just thought it would be a great thing for
tinaa to have.

Thanks
Bill