[tinaa-devel] Re: tinaa symbol documentation

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Sat Feb 11 13:35:48 UTC 2006

Hi Alexis,

> I was browsing the tinaa documentation of some of the metabang
> packages, and it looks really great.

Thanks!

> I noticed that all the tinaa docs seemed to present a single list
> of all symbols in a package. Can tinaa generate html documentation
> that distinguishes the external symbols from the internal symbols?

I completely agree that showing all the symbols on the front page is
a bad idea. Currently, Tinaa can do either internal or external or
internal and external symbols. I'm working on a fix that will improve
the layout of Tinaa's "cover" pages for packages. Depending on what
else gets in the way, that should happen sometime this coming week.

> Sorry if this is a misguided question. I'm new to CL, and I'm
> trying to figure out if there is a CL version of the javadoc tool.

It's a great question. There are now quite a few lispdoc like tools.
Some are very JavaDoc like in that they read the code and parse it.
Some are like Tinaa which uses Lisp's introspection facilities to do
what it can. See this page (http://wiki.alu.org/
Gardeners_Documentation) for some more Lisp documentation packages.

HTH,
--
Gary Warren King
metabang.com