Persistent sessions

peter p2.edoc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 17:44:43 UTC 2014

Given that the cookie is the product of md5-hexing the raw composite
cookie data (in encode-session-string), there's no way to get the
initial click (creation) time of the session (which is needed in
order to ascertain whether the session has expired
(session-too-old-p)).

So presumably, like the session-ID, we'll need to carry the session
start time externally (outside the md5-hexed part of the cookie).

Are we thinking along the same rg?

I'm puzzled that session persistence isn't a common requirement of hunchentoot.

-peter