Cant serve static files

Left Right olegsivokon at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 15:29:33 UTC 2014

Hi Hans,

The below hardly qualifies as a patch, just a general idea (I'll give
it a try for now and will see if I can make it better):

(defun tbnl:request-pathname (&optional (request tbnl:*request*)
(uri-prefix "."))
  (let* ((path (tbnl:url-decode (tbnl:script-name request)))
         (parts (parse-namestring path))
         (uri-parts (parse-namestring uri-prefix)))
    (iter
      (with pick := nil)
      (with uri-dirs := (cdr (pathname-directory uri-parts)))
      (for uri-part := (pop uri-dirs))
      (for part :in (cdr (pathname-directory parts)))
      (when (or pick (not (equal uri-part part)))
        (setf pick t)
        (collect part :into uri))
      (finally
       (return (make-pathname
                :host (pathname-host
                       (tbnl:acceptor-document-root
                        (tbnl::request-acceptor request)))
                :directory (cons :relative uri)
                :name (pathname-name parts)
                :type (pathname-type parts)))))))

------ test -----

(let ((tbnl:*acceptor* (make-instance
                        'rgol-acceptor :port 4242
                        :request-class 'rgol-request
                        :document-root #p"rgol:www;"
                        :message-log-destination #p"rgol:logs;messages.log"
                        :access-log-destination #p"rgol:logs;access.log")))
  (let ((r (make-instance 'tbnl:request
                          :acceptor tbnl:*acceptor*
                          :headers-in '(("Accept:*/*"))
                          :uri "/foo/bar/qux/baz.ext")))
    (let ((no-prefix (tbnl:request-pathname r))
          (prefix (tbnl:request-pathname r "/foo/")))
      (format t
              "~&no-prefix: ~s ~
               with-prefix: ~s ~%~
               resolved no-prefix: ~s ~%~
               resolved prefix: ~s"
              no-prefix prefix
              (merge-pathnames no-prefix #p"rgol:www;")
              (merge-pathnames prefix #p"rgol:www;")))))

;; no-prefix: #P"RGOL:;FOO;BAR;QUX;BAZ.EXT" with-prefix:
#P"RGOL:;BAR;QUX;BAZ.EXT"
;; resolved no-prefix: #P"RGOL:WWW;FOO;BAR;QUX;BAZ.EXT.NEWEST"
;; resolved prefix: #P"RGOL:WWW;BAR;QUX;BAZ.EXT.NEWEST"

If I can suggest: would it be worth to make request-pathname a generic
function, rather then a plain function? I would imagine few have used
this mechanism to implement their own path resolution scheme, but
theoretically it could be useful. Its name and the way it's been used
seem to ask for it to be a method of request class.

Best,

Oleg