Persistent sessions

peter p2.edoc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 18:34:48 UTC 2014

At 10:28 PM +0400 14/2/14, Anton Vodonosov wrote:
>14.02.2014, 22:18, "peter" <p2.edoc at gmail.com>:
>>  But I'm worried that I've overlooked something. Why wasn't this
>>  approach (indexing session by cookie-value instead of session-ID do
>>  in the first place). I.e. I fear there must be a good reason what
>>  session-IDs were used.
>
>session-ID is a cookie value

i appreciate that (it is prepended to the md5-hex part of the cookie).
and it is a convenient way to index sessions DB in HT.
however beyond that, i see no purpose for it.
and in the case of making sessions persistent without saving any
state on the HT system, they seem irrelevant and need to be
side-stepped.
hence why i am trying to index the session DB using the md5-hex part
of the cookie only.