[hunchentoot-devel] Calculating size of the uploaded file

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Tue Jan 15 22:24:18 UTC 2013

Quoth Hans Hübner <hans.huebner at gmail.com>:
> [...] There are some pending changes regarding how uploaded files are handled
> which have not been merged because we're waiting for rfc2388 to be updated in
> Quicklisp.

Has this happened?

I have Quicklisp version 2012-12-23 installled and it ships version 1.5 of
rfc2388.

Also, rfc2388's source directory has the name rfc2388-20121013-git/.  Is this a
reason for hope?

> Maybe these changes help you, too:
> https://github.com/fighting-spirit/hunchentoot/commit/301db3d6f6291dd8690b095ee708fff2d53f5664

It looks like *UPLOAD-FILENAME-GENERATOR* does what I need.

Alternatively, how about adding a tmp-directory slot to the ACCEPTOR class and
then replacing all references to *TMP-DIRECTORY* with:

 (or (tmp-directory request) *TMP-DIRECTORY*)

All I really need is per-acceptor control over the directory into which
temporary files are written (in my case, the file name is unimportant) so this
would also serve my purposes.

Seb