[hunchentoot-devel] New project heavily relying on Hunchentoot

Mathieu Lemoine mlemoine at mentel.com
Tue Sep 4 15:41:12 UTC 2012

Hi Everybody!

First, I'm sorry for the shameless self-advertisement in this mail, but I
though this may interest you.

As you may have noticed, I used and looked into hunchentoot quite a bit in
the past few weeks.
My goal was to end up with a reliable, efficient and easy-to-manage HTTP
redirection server.

After a few weeks to ensure the stability of the code, I am glad to present
to you cl-cheshire-cat, available on github:
https://github.com/mentel/cl-cheshire-cat and soon, I hope, via quicklisp
too.

In Web hosting/development industry, one often ends up with legacy or
alternate domain-names onw wants to be redirected to a newer or canonical
domain-name. These redirection rules can be as simple as "add "www." to the
domain-name" or complex enough to require regex based path rewrite and
query-string manipulation.

Cheshire cat intends to provide an easy-to-use, lightweight and reliable
solution to this problem in order to get rid of boiler plate config files
for httpd or nginx in order to put together a few redirections. I must add
that the software in its current release is currently in use on our
production servers supporting a load of about 50k queries a day on a single
server.

If you see fit, I'd deeply appreciate a mention in the list of projects
using Hunchentoot.

Moreover, if you have any question, comment or suggestion, I'd be happy to
read and answer them. This is my first sizable open-source project, so
there are probably plenty of enhancements to be done.

Thanks for your time and for your work on hunchentoot and its various
dependencies without which this project could never be thought of.
Mathieu Lemoine.