[hunchentoot-devel] Running webserver on remote machine

Jeff Byrd jeffreydbyrd at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 19:22:46 UTC 2012

Hi Hans thanks for your reply,
I do have Hunchentoot installed using quicklisp. And sorry for the
ambiguity, I meant that I enter the server's address in my browser's
address bar (in this case it would be
ec2-184-72-143-0.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8080), it then hangs for a while,
and eventually shows an error page saying "Opps, Google Chrome could not
connect..."

Some additional info:
On my local host, after entering the hunchentoot:start command,  the prompt
hangs until I hit CNTL-C. But on the remote host, it brings me back to the
REPL. I'm still able to enter commands while sbcl runs (which I've read is
characteristic of threading). I think I'll do a bit more homework and try
to print request logs (if any) to a file.

Thanks,
Jeff