[hunchentoot-devel] Multithread overload fixes by Mathieu Lemoine

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 15:46:38 UTC 2012

Hi,

Mathieu Lemoine kindly fixed several issues that made Hunchentoot fail
ungracefully under overload conditions in multi threaded mode.  I have
pulled these changes into the master branch on github and would like
to make a new release soon (quicklisp day is upcoming).

https://github.com/edicl/hunchentoot/commit/8a790177997ec2c419355eeb7ae5f0023ef9036a
https://github.com/edicl/hunchentoot/commit/cae0b8ed074290d53dfa801874012be7fc923421

According to my tests, Hunchentoot is now much more load resilient,
but more testing would be great.  So if you have some time, please
clone the git repository, start a simple server like

(defparameter *test* (make-instance 'easy-acceptor :port 8080))
(define-easy-handler (root :uri "/") ()
           (setf (content-type*) "text/plain")
           (sleep 1)
           (format nil "OK~%"))
(start *test*)

and use your http load generation tool of choice to hammer the server.

Thanks to Mathieu, and thanks to anyone who helps testing!
Hans