[hunchentoot-devel] edicl & Quicklisp - formal release tarballs or production-ready master branches?

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Sun Sep 4 14:58:36 UTC 2011

Hi Hans,

I recently wrote the following post on the Quicklisp mailing list:

 http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.quicklisp/69

and you can read Zach's reply here:

 http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.quicklisp/70

Here's the final paragraph of Zach's reply, for the sake of convenience:

 "If the updated Ediware projects have important improvements, I would love to
  see new versioned releases published in some formal way. If that's not going
  to happen, I can look into pulling the projects from git [...]"

I suspect formal release tarballs for each and every project in edicl would be
quite a lot of work for you (as it probably was for Edi) so how about
maintaining production-ready master branches (as in git-flow[1]) to make things
as easy as possible for Zach?

Seb

[1] http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/

--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.