[hunchentoot-devel] Session Time Out - HELP!

Phil Marneweck zaries at global.co.za
Fri May 21 11:12:36 UTC 2010

Well after running fine for a while hunchentoot is again re-setting
sessions at arbitrary intervals.

I have closed down my lisp instance serveral times today and restarted
everything. Everything will work for a while (5 to 45 minutes) and then
fall apart. Once hunchentoot has killed sessions once, it does so every
couple of minutes, some times under a minute.

I have checked my code again looking for a place that I might be killing
the sessions or setting the session to nil in any way but I have no such
code.

I set the following before creating any acceptors:

(setf hunchentoot::*session-gc-frequency* nil)
(setf hunchentoot::*session-max-time* 36000)
(setf hunchentoot::*use-user-agent-for-sessions* nil)

hunchentoot::*use-remote-addr-for-sessions* reports NIL

I added a check to see what the (session-db *my-acceptor*) reports when
I say hunchentoot "resets sessions" and it reports NIL. Before a reset
(session-db *my-acceptor*) reports (8 .#).

The only other thing that I can think might have an effect is that the
site uses ssl but hunchentoot is not hangling the ssl I am forwarding
from nginx to hunchentoot.

Any suggestions?