[hunchentoot-devel] Returning a unicode string from a handler fails silently

Li Gong ligong.ch at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 10:25:49 UTC 2010

By default, the debugger is not entered, but the error info appears in
/tmp/hunchentoot.log, e.g.
[ERROR]] Error while processing connection: #\U4F60 (code 20320) is not a
LATIN-1 character.

In 1.0 release,  *break-on-signals* is used to enter the debugger
In the old release and 1.1,  when *catch-errors-p* is set as nil, the
debugger will be entered.
The related discussion thread can be found at:
http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/tbnl-devel/2009-November/004928.html

cheers
Li