[hunchentoot-devel] Status of Kevin Rosenberg and b9.com?

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 05:48:23 UTC 2010

Hi Jeremy,

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 00:51, Jeremy Reimer <jeremy.reimer at gmail.com> wrote:
> However I'm a bit confused about how to proceed to compile from source from all these .lisp
> files.  Do I still use asdf, and if so how do I point to the newly-downloaded source?
> Sorry about the complete newb questions, I've been going through various
> tutorials on the web about Hunchentoot and none of them mention using SVN.

You ran into the "Common Lisp package management is a mess" wall, but
don't despair, it is not that hard.

asdf is the predominant system building facility, make-alike if you
will.  asdf-install is just an add-on, but it is not used by many open
source developers and thus not well supported.

Have a look at http://common-lisp.net/~mmommer/asdf-howto.shtml - In
the end, it explains how you point asdf at your system definition
files.

-Hans