[hunchentoot-devel] COMET with Hunchentoot?

Slawek Zak slawek.zak at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 17:07:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Hans Hübner <hans.huebner at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Wouldn't you be able to write a task manager that first reads the
> > request header, then decides whether the request is a COMET request
> > and queue it or hand it over to another thread for processing?
>
> If you first read the request header, you're interfering with the rest
> of the architecture which expects to be able to read the whole request
> including headers from the client.

You are obviously right. My suggestion was splitting the request retrieval
from it's processing (as done by process-connection) to be able to make an
informed decission about further processing. Process-connection or any other
API devised for this purpose would have to somehow accept request data read
up the stack.

/S