[hunchentoot-devel] IE https problem

Robert Synnott rsynnott at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 22:22:32 UTC 2009

Is it possibly an issue with the client security settings? IE is very
fussy about websites (and potentially other entities) which have HTTPS
and HTTP components. This seems less likely to be a problem with PDFs,
but it may be possible, especially if it's HTTPS PDF embedded in
HTTP-served pages or vice versa. Alternatively, is there anything
wrong with your certificate? It's possible the IE is rejecting it out
of hand, though it generally at least asks.

This issue has become worse in IE8. Previously, default behaviour on
the mixed content thing was to pop up a box asking if the user wanted
to load everything; the default was 'Yes', causing everything to be
loaded. In IE8, it's the other way round; 'Yes' will cause it NOT to
load non-secure objects. This is going to break all sorts of things,
of course :)

If you view the page in Firefox or Safari do you get a warning image
in the status bar?
Rob