[hunchentoot-devel] Maximum Request Size

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 07:49:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 07:06, William Halliburton
<whalliburton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes! That the idea. Not to actually take any control away from the
> maintainers but to open up the field to branching and experimental work,
> while giving the maintainers the ability to easily cherry pick the desirable
> branches.
>
> To me, that's *the* main difference in distributed rcs, you *pull* from
> other people, not *push* into a central repository.

Right.  Huchentoot (and Edi's libraries in general) follow a "push"
development model, so a distributed rcs does not help.  You can
certainly create a fork that is using a different development model.

I'm a bit unsure that we're solving any problem with this discussion.
As far as I can see, the current model does work.  I would thus
propose that we stick with it, as it guarantees a certain level of
quality, documentation and bug fix throughput.  Instead of discussing
revision control systems, we should be discussing changes to
Hunchentoot, and those are certainly not dependent on the version
control system that is used.

As a start, someone could revise Volcan's patch, or come up with a
proposal for event oriented processing or thread pools.

If we, at a later time, detect that Edi and I cannot handle the patch
volume pushed to us, we can still reconsider.

-Hans