[hunchentoot-devel] Widget Guidlines

First name Last name zaries at global.co.za
Tue Jan 20 10:14:00 UTC 2009

>> Hi

>> I have been using hunchentoot for the last two months and I have created a

>> DB-Grid widget for myself. I pass relevant info in through parameters like

>> table name and columns to display and the widget generates a html grid with

>> paging, edit/delete and search functionality.

>Hi,

>I believe that attempt for such standardization could be weblocks

>(based on hunchentoot)...

>http://weblocks.viridian-project.de/

>Best regards,

>Tomek Lipski

Tomek

I think weblocks is a bit of
 a over kill. I have never used it but from what I saw in the
 documentation it is big and in my opinion might carry to much over
 head. I am sure it has its right full place but I am not sure this is
 it.

What I was thinking about was free standing widgets that
 don't need a whole framework to carry them. A specification for
 something like this would include a list of common
 properties/functionality and general methodology
 (persistence,state...etc) that would fit in with hunchentoot's design
 and strong points.

Regards
Phil

 PS. Apologies for re-posting but I am still getting the hang of using
 the mailing list....for some reason the previous post lost the text (think it is because my web client wraps replies in table)