[hunchentoot-devel] Getting multiple post parameters with same name

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 16:26:45 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 17:14, Mackram Raydan <mackram at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Hans the documentation states that post-parameters will return alist and
> according to my knowledge (which I admit is basic) processing alist for
> search is not very recommended please correct me if I am wrong

Hunchentoot uses an alist for the headers internally, so you may as
well do it externally.  Using alists for large amounts of data can be
unacceptably slow as access time is linear.  For (post) parameters,
this is not a problem as the number of parameters is slow and a
"better" data structure may very well be slower for the small number
of items that typically constitute a request parameter list.

Before being scared about certain data structures in the future, make
some measurements and consider the use case.

-Hans