[hunchentoot-devel] as-keyword and other utility functions

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu May 29 22:15:12 UTC 2008

On Thu, 29 May 2008 14:20:36 -0700, Cyrus Harmon <ch-tbnl at bobobeach.com> wrote:

> I see that in some of my code I was relying on hunchentoot::make-
> keyword, which has now gone away.

Hey, it wasn't exported, so you knew what to expect... :)

> But there is as-keyword and there is chunga::make-keyword. And
> there's, of course, alexandria:make-keyword, if I want to use
> that. It's a trivial function, but would it make sense to take
> things like with-unique-names, make-keyword, etc... and put it in
> some sort of ediware-utilities package?
>
> It's a trivial issue in this case, but I figured I'd bring it up for
> handy and less-trivial things like with-rebinding, etc...

This is on my long list of things to do, but it has a fairly low
priority.  I will probably switch some of my libs to Alexandria at
some point, but certainly not before the "Initial release [...] is yet
to happen" line has vanished from their website.

AS-KEYWORD in Chunga/Hunchentoot/Drakma is a special case, though, as
it includes special treatment for a few fixed values that'll be the
arguments to this function in 99.9% of all cases.