[hunchentoot-devel] Using multiple Hunchentoot-Requests in one thread

vseguip at gmail.com vseguip at gmail.com
Thu May 29 13:44:42 UTC 2008

> One reason: I am using clisp, which has no real thread support. The
> other lisps use too much resources. And I have a very limited amount
> of threads. I am not a server admin of a huge server, I have to work
> with one of these tiny-low-cost-virtual-servers, which have very
> limited resources.
>
> As far as I see at the moment, connection-listener could be useful,
> but since clisp has no stable thread support yet, while usocket does
> not have support for accepting connections on server-sockets without
> blocking (and clisp does), which may be the reason why you decided to
> use two threads instead of only one loop for accepting and processing.
> I would have to write stuff arount it, anyway. So it is maybe easier
> for me to just implement an own little HTTP-Server, though it is not
> trivial.

Hi,
  If you decide to go with building your own simple http server, I
will recommend you to look at mongrels parser. It's written in ragel
but it's really trivial to use/import in Lisp (I did it for SBCL FFI,
and it was damn easy, around 60 lisp lines or so) and it's pretty fast
and secure. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
  V. Seguí