[hunchentoot-devel] Newbie question - how to examine session object?

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon May 5 22:22:08 UTC 2008

On Mon, 5 May 2008 12:13:29 -0700, "Yarek Kowalik" <yarek.kowalik at gmail.com> wrote:

> ----
> CL-USER>
>  (hunchentoot:session-value :remote-addr (first
>                             (weblocks:active-sessions)))
> NIL
> NIL
> ----
>
> Is that OK?  I'm getting the same values from both the local host
> and a remote Windows box -- I was expecting two different IP
> addresses for each of the sessions I have now (first and second in
> the active session list).

SESSION-VALUE should return whatever (SETF SESSION-VALUE) put there.
So, the question actually is whether someone wrote a session value
:REMOTE-ADDR to this session.  Did you do that?  Did Weblocks do that?
What do you get if you inspect the corresponding session objects?
(The session object maintains an alist of session values in the
SESSION-DATA slot.)

Edi.