[hunchentoot-devel] cl-webdav-level-2.asd?

Cyrus Harmon ch-tbnl at bobobeach.com
Mon Jun 30 07:15:21 UTC 2008

On Jun 29, 2008, at 11:48 PM, Edi Weitz wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 19:13:19 -0700, Cyrus Harmon <ch-tbnl at bobobeach.com
> > wrote:
>
>> The only tricky bits are the the handlers. How should we handle the
>> bits that need to reach down into the existing propfind/get
>> handlers?  We could just redefine these with the
>> copy/pasted/modified code in the new asdf system, but that seems
>> like a hacky OAOO violation that is likely to lead to subtle bugs
>> down the road. Some sort of CLOS hackery with around methods? A list
>> of functions to call for each handler?  Thoughts?
>
> OOAO?  What does that mean?

OOAO. Once and once only. Must be an sbcl-developerism. The idea is to
avoid hacky duplicated code...

> Besides, if it is in a separate /system/, it doesn't have to be in a
> separate /package/, right?

yes, it can be in the same package. nevertheless, the issue of how to
extend the existing handlers still arises. I have been thinking about
this a little bit. Perhaps my thoughts will be clearer in the morning.